Rabindra Library, Assam University
STEPS TO SUBMIT PHD THESIS/ MPHIL DISSERTATION FOR PLAGIARISM
CHECKING AND UPLOADING IN SHODHGANGA (Revised)
As per Assam University MPhil/PhD regulation 2017, the Central Library is authorised to check the Plagiarism of the manuscripts and uploading the thesis in the Shodhganga Portal. For this purpose, the Central Library has formulated the steps for smooth functioning of the system....
- The thesis should be mailed by concerned guide from his / her mail id to firstname.lastname@example.org only.
- Registered Urkund Id is mandatory for all faculty members while going through the process of Plagiarism Check for their scholars from Central Library.
- The verified report from Urkund will be forwarded to the concerned guide mail id from which he/she has sent the file. It takes generally 2-3 days.
- Two copies of first page of similarity report along with a prescribed application format (Form 11G & Form 11H in AUS PhD Regulation 2017, typed in bold capital letter) along with a forwarding letter written and signed by Guide and forwarded by HOD should be submitted to Librarian office (Similarity Report, Form 11G & Form 11H should be signed by Guide and Form 11G & 11H should be signed by scholar).
- The full manuscript must be in a single PDF file.
- The manuscript should skip the preliminary pages & reference section for checking.
- If the similarity report is above prescribed limit of AUS, then it need to be edited and resubmitted.
- The manuscript will be invariably checked by the library even if it has already been checked by the guide earlier.
- After final checking, the library will issue a Plagiarism Check Certificate for similarity index as per AUS MPhil/ Phd Regulation of the University.
- The final checking process needs time as the manuscript is checked online. So, the scholars are advised to submit the thesis at least 5 working days before the final certificate to be issued.
- The final/Complete thesis (after plagiarism certified) to be submitted in the CD to the Library in the following format which will be uploaded in SHODHGANGA after Viva/Award (provided there is no revision suggested). For this purpose, the award letter to be submitted to Central Library immediately by the COE office / Research Cell.
- The final CD should be submitted in the following format (both a & b is mandatory):
- Full Thesis in pdf in single file (word/pagemaker/coral etc will not be accepted)
- Full thesis in pdf chapter wise as give below
- 01_Title page
- 03_Preliminary Pages
- List of Tables
- List of figures
- 05_Chapter 1
- 06_Chapter 2, 07_Chapter 3 (upto last chapter)
- 80_Recommendation (Title Page and Chapter which contain Recommendation/Conclusion /Summary/Future findings. This file should be named as '80_Recommendation')
- Annexure I
- Annexure II etc.
(Prof. M. K. Sinha)